Monday, July 1, 2013

A Texas Treasure!

Mike and I went to Fort Worth this weekend to visit our kids and see their new house.  And while we were there I got to go to the Fort Worth Stockyards for the first time in all the years I have lived in Texas!  Now, we talk about Billy Bob's tickets, etc. but I have never actually been there.  I have always thought "The Stockyards" would be a big fenced-in area with lots of cow poop and, of course, the cows that go with that.

Nooooo.  The Stockyards are really old Fort Worth!  Wonderful old brick streets, great old buildings, antique stores, Billy Bobs (of course) and some fabulous restaurants!  They still run cattle through the streets a couple times a day, so be prepared.  It is truly the taste of Texas that you imagine it to be.

We had a late dinner at "Cattleman's" restaurant (look for the big cow on the sign) and it was the best filet I have EVER had!  And there was just a hint of cow in the air when we walked to the car after dinner.  Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. I love the stockyards! And of course, I can't get enough of Cattlemen's. I have heard they ship their steaks internationally! I would not be surprised, they're the best!

    ReplyDelete