Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Jinxed?

I feel I need to mention a little problem we seem to be having with our new personalized camo license plates.  It may just be coincidence...but I don't think so. 

We were coming back from the cabin weekend before last.  We were just coming out of the mountains on 82 in New Mexico and I got pulled over by our favorite NM State Trooper.  I don't know what his name is but he is VERY rude!  Let me preface this by saying that I was NOT speeding.  In fact, I had done nothing wrong.  He was in an un-marked vehicle that just looked like an SUV to me.  He pulled up right on my bumper and was following me really closely.  So I pulled over to the shoulder to let him pass.  I did this a couple of times because I wanted him to pass me.  Then the lights came on.

He told me I seemed to have trouble staying in my lane!  And then he told me he couldn't tell from my license plate what State I was from and that was illegal.  Of course, the plate has a big white TEXAS on it but whatever!  I didn't get a ticket, he just wanted to check out the plate I think.

Then, on our way to Fort Worth last Friday, everyone around me was going 82 or 83 on I-20.  I was going 79 in a 75.  We saw exactly one State Trooper and he stopped ME!  Once again, I did not get a ticket...I think he was just wondering about the license plate.  I am beginning to think it might be jinxed.  We are driving back to the cabin for the weekend.  I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment