Monday, December 17, 2012

The Boy Is Home!

Eric came home from Fort Riley on Saturday.  If I never saw him, I would know he was home just from the condition of the guest room and the smell. 

I keep hoping the Army will train him to keep his room tidy.  Wrong.  I guess even the Army cannot train the "pigpen" out of the boy.  Honestly, when he left yesterday morning to go mess around with his ROTC buddies from high school, I made the mistake of looking into his room.  OMG!!!  And the smell!  It was as if he had never left home.

My friend, Rachel Dobbs, had warned me.  Her oldest son went into the Army as well.  He is even a Sergeant, and when he comes home his room looks just like it did when he was a teenager.  And they manage this in the space of only a few minutes! On the other hand, Eric is certainly more mature now.  But not TOO mature.  He is kind of on a par with his father.

He says the room is only messy because his wife, Lilly, is in San Angelo visiting her family.  She comes in today.  He says she will whip the room into shape in no time.  I feel sorry for her.  But I DID warn her before they got married!  Smell and mess aside, my baby boy is home!  I don't really care what his room looks like, as long as he is in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment