Friday, January 25, 2013

Green With Envy!!

I have never been so jealous of anyone in my whole life.  My sister-in-law Michele (Mike's youngest sister) is an artist.  And I mean REALLY an Artist!!  She has amazing talent but she has also spent her whole life pursuing, nurturing, sacrificing and working to support that talent.  And last night she told us that she has been selected as the visual artist for the 2013 exchange with the Salzburg Kunstlerhaus in Austria from August 2 - September 25th.  All expenses paid, small stipend and free studio with living quarters!

Salzburg, Austria was the setting for "The Sound Of Music".  I WANT TO GO!!  I can't think of anything more amazing for an artist...or me!  I know this is a dream come true for Michele.  She has wanted it for years and the honor of being chosen is incredible...blah, blah, blah.  I WANT TO GO!!  I know I have to put my "big girl panties" on and just be happy for her.  And I am...but I WANT TO GO!!

I do not have ANY talent as an artist.  I talk for a living...and they won't send me to Austria for two months for that!  Congratulations Michele, you have worked for this and you deserve it!  I will come to Austria and clean your studio for you...do your laundry...cook...clean your paint brushes...carry your luggage.....

If you want to check out Michele's work go to www.micheleschuff.com.  Remember Michele, I am your favorite sister-in-law!

No comments:

Post a Comment