Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Addicted To Decorating!

   I have moved A LOT in my life.  Changing schools was no fun but I always loved changing houses!  It occured to me the other day that I will probably never have a new house again, and that made me sad.  I have never had a chance to build my own home.  Choosing a floor plan, flooring, fixtures, paint...the whole idea of helping to design your own home just thrills me!  I have re-done plenty of places...but never started from scratch.

   So what do I do instead of moving?  I re-decorate and move furniture!  Poor Mike went on a hunt with me yesterday for "a pillow with a red bird on it."  We went everywhere, and he never complained!  I ended up ordering it from Overstock. 

   Some of the rooms in our house are smaller now because of the number of coats of paint I have put on the walls.  And I have learned a few things about diy: never attempt Venetian Plaster unless you have strong hands and a LOT of time (and a Venetian);  HIRE someone to paint your ceilings and woodwork; tiling can be a really zen experience, and don't be afraid to experiment with color.

No comments:

Post a Comment