Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Ending

Last friday morning, my daughter found a beautiful chocolate lab sleeping under the bushes in our front drive.  He was sweet, gentle and graying a bit around his muzzle.  She brought him into the house, gave him a bath and asked "Can I keep him?"  I had already called Beth at Lonestar Sanctuary for Animals.  But he was so sweet and seemed to be really attached to my daughter so we let him stay.  He seemed so tired and hungry. 

She called him Buddy.  He ate, slept and was extremely tolerant of all the cats and dogs in the house.  But he was so well trained and clearly had been loved that I couldn't stop thinking that some family was really missing their beloved pet. 

On Sunday, we decided that he needed to go to Lonestar in case he had an identity chip and someone was looking for him.  On our way home from work yesterday, I got a text from Beth at Lonestar asking if we still had that chocolate lab because someone had called about missing their dog.  Mike took him right over and he was reunited with his very anxious family!  A happy ending...and his name was Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment