Friday, May 3, 2013

"Divine Appointment"

Have you ever been in a conversation with someone who has just unknowingly given a great perpective on a situation you are in?  They might not even have known anything about what you are going through but they say something that comforts you or helps you deal with it?  I call those "divine appointments".  I really believe that God sends people to you with a direct word from Him.  He will use YOU for this purpose as well.

A year ago I had a fantastic opportunity to spend a week (the last week I would ever spend, as it turned out) with my mother-in-law, Maisie.  She told me that every time someone took over doing something she had always done like Thanksgiving Dinner, birthday cake baking, or paying bills (even if it was just to help her out) she felt like she "dissappeared a little bit more".  It just made me realize how we tend to marginalize our parents and grandparents as they age.  I think THAT was a "divine appointment" God set up just for me.

As it turns out, everyone I have shared that story with has also needed to hear it for a special reason.  Keep making those appointments Lord, and I will keep listening...and talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment