Monday, March 25, 2013

Is There An App For That?

My daughter in law, Sara,  had a great idea this weekend.  We were at Possum Kingdom and she woke up listening to the birds singing.  She said she wished she had a Shazam! app on her phone that would identify birds by their song!  That got us thinking about what other great phone apps there are, and those that still need to be invented.  Like an app that would tell you what your baby's cry means.  Even if it is a general idea like "diaper" or "tired" or "hold me" and, of course, "feed me".

I know men would like an app that would tell them what a woman means when she says certain phrases.  For instance, if she really means "I expect a gift and it had better be a good one" when she says "Oh, you don't have to get me anything."  And women would like an app that can translate their husbands grunts into real conversation! 

And I KNOW parents and teens would like an app that would help them understand each other better.  Although, I have to admit, texting has been fabulous for helping parents communicate better with their kids.  They can tune out your voice but will usually read your text.  Go figure.

1 comment: