Friday, March 29, 2013

Now We're Cookin'!

   I want to learn how to cook.  By this, I mean cook more than my signature dish - "mac-a-weiners-and-cheese".  My friend, Rachel, can go into a kitchen and "throw something together" with available ingredients that will astound you.  I want to learn how to do that!  My attempts at elaborate dishes turns out like Bridgette Jones' blue leek soup.  I always use the wrong color string (a reference to "Bridgette Jones Diary" where she used blue twine instead of white and ended up with blue soup.)

   None of us have a whole lot of time, or energy, at the end of the day to whip up fabulous feasts.  But Rachael Ray is making a fortune showing us how to cook 30 minute meals.  So I am going to take a class.  I am going to learn how to blend more than pasta and velveeta...I am going to learn what "cumin" is and what you put it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment