Monday, March 4, 2013

What I Learned

The Family Truckster's maiden voyage is now a thing of the past...and here is what I learned: 

Two people taking showers and washing dishes can fill a grey water tank in a day.  If you don't empty that tank it will back up INTO the camper! After that we really kept an eye on that "black water" tank too!!

Everything is in miniature!  I now understand why people who choose this as a lifestyle get the biggest motorhome they can.  After standing in the shower with my foot on the toilet while I tried to shave my leg I have to say a bigger bathroom would be necessary if I had to do that for more than a week.

When I was in the back while Mike was at the wheel driving down I-20 it was like being in a small earthquake!  You are definately going to want to SIT while the vehicle is in motion.

Make sure you really like your travelling companions!  There is only ONE room.  It says it sleeps six, and it does, but you are definately going to want to plan some outings!  I tried to imagine 4 adults and 3 dogs crossing the country in July and all I could think was, "What a blast!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment