Thursday, March 21, 2013

"The Song Remembers When"

I love, love, love the Trisha Yearwood song, "The Song Remembers When" (see video below).  Doesn't everyone have at least one song that takes you back to a moment in time?  When I hear "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" by Simon and Garfunkel, I am 12 years old and in the hospital (fortunately turned out to be a minor problem).  My mom brought that album and my little record player to the hospital so I could listen to it softly at night to keep me company. 

The Paul Simon song "Call Me Al" was the first song my baby boy, Adam, stopped to listen to.  Whenever it came on, he stopped in his tracks and listened all the way through.  I picture his little face everytime I hear that song.

When I hear "Oh What A Thrill" by the Mavericks, I am once again in a hospital!  This time, though, I know what is wrong with me...I am having a baby.  My doctor had our radio station on in the operating room and Mike called in the request.  So "Oh What A Thrill" is my daughter's song. 

These are memories that become vivid because they are tied to a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment